Tis The Season To Rest...Finally!

>> Sunday, January 06, 2008

Well the holidays are over. All the hustle and bustle, done. I am still trying to recuperate from it all. I'm not saying its not worth it but boy is it a lot of work. All the cooking and shopping and planning, finding the right gifts, finding the money to pay for those gifts- Oy, it can wear you out! Thinking back on the season my most memorable time was the morning both Caleb and I woke early (while everyone else was asleep) and snuggled up on the couch together and watched Elf. Now if Elf does not put you in the spirit of the season I'm not sure what would! But it is the simplest times that are the most memorable. This is something I need to remember for next year!
So needless to say blogging has been last on the list of things to get done. But I am hoping now that things have calmed down a bit it will be put back at the top.
I wanted to share pics of this years Christmas open house where I sell my baked goods. Just like anything worth doing, it is a lot of fun and a lot of work! And by the end of it all I never want to see another cookie again! But don't worry, I am already starting to think about next year!



My cookies on display, all packaged and pretty!


Double chocolate espresso cookies


Cyns families secret almond roca candy- really If I give out the recipe she will never talk to me again!


Lemon Cream Cheese Bows. They were so delicious but oh so delicate!


Chocolate Peppermint Polka Dot Pigs! These were one of my favorite cookies this year. I packaged them in little boxes with polka dot tissue paper and polka dot ribbons.


Another one of my favorites! Old fashioned sugar cookie trucks with Christmas trees coming out the backs, all decorated for the season!


I made Chocolate Espresso Fudge (really good recipe) and packaged it in these delightful little boxes with poinsettias on top. The boxes were kits I picked up at Michael's from Martha Stewart.



Cranberry Shortbread Hearts make a sweet gift anytime of year.


Candy jars. I package festive candy in recycled jars and make them pretty using tags and ribbons. They make a great teachers gift.


Chocolate Peppermint Elf Pop Cookies. I use the same dough as the peppermint pigs and just put a stick on the back before I bake them!


Stained Glass Church Window Cookies.



Gingerbread Cottages. Iced and strung with ribbon. Makes a delicious treat or a delightful ornament to hang on the tree.


Gingerbread Snowflakes. Decorated with words of the season...Peace, joy, Love. Strung with ribbon they look beautiful hung in a window!


Whats better than a Jumbo Cookie?? Peanut butter and Double stuffed Chocolate chip!

Happy Baking Everyone! After all this cookie making I just might stick with cakes for a while!

4 comments:

mad knitter January 7, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

OMG! Your cookies are beautiful! I am *so* not worthy! You do gorgeous work. I hope it was a successful day for you!

Katia Mangham January 7, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Sarah, they all look lovely-and surely yummy as well. But, I know what you mean about it being exhausting- I'm glad it's over too!

Katia Mangham January 9, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

Sarah,
I've looked for your email on your site and it's not here- so I hope you don't think I'm nuts, but I have a question about amazon. I wanted to know how to link through text- I must be slow, because I just cannot do it. Would you humor me and explain? My email is listed in my profile by the way.
Thanks!

docnita January 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Sarah,

This is the reason that you are always in my mind as Sarah-Martha. Your cookies are simply stunning. So very professional. I see a career here!!!!!

I'm proud to know ya.

Love,

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP