Oh my gosh he's six

>> Thursday, August 23, 2007

I have to start off by saying I can't believe my baby is six years old! Where did the time go? I know everyone says time flies but really, I mean this is ridiculous!
He's going to be a first grader. What happened to kindergarten? What happened to Barney and Teletubbies (not that I was to fond of them myself).
But now its super heroes and tomorrow it will be ...I have no idea what it will be (geez I feel so old).
At least its Spiderman for now and i can still make him a fun cake. At his request I made him a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting that was tinted red. he decided he really didn't like the frosting and that maybe next year he will try chocolate! Oy!
Anyway- i was happy with the cake. Anytime I can decorate a cake (especially if it's for one of my boys) I am happy!


So also at his request he wanted to have lobster for dinner. Yes, Caleb has a very mature pallet. I'm afraid he takes after me when it comes to food. Another of his top choices is fried calamari and any kind of sushi he can get his hands on. I thought I was safe to order an eel roll the last time we went out for sushi and I would be able to have it all to myself. But Caleb tried it and liked it and proceeded to eat most of the roll. He just loves it. So anyway, Caleb had his lobster and the rest of us had hot dogs and mac and cheese.

Happy Birthday my baby boy!


3 comments:

mad knitter August 27, 2007 at 1:01 PM  

Yay! I'm the first to comment!! Happy Birthday Caleb! Hope it was a fun time for everyone! Nice job on the blog, Sarah! Find me at http://mad-knitter.blogspot.com

Encarna September 9, 2007 at 5:57 PM  

I love the picture of Caleb and the HUUUUUUGE lobster.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP