The Search For the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie...

>> Tuesday, August 21, 2007


Let me start out by saying these aren't them, so don't get to excited!
Seems I'm always trying different cookie recipes to try and come up with the very best. Especially when it comes to chocolate chip Cookies, they seem to be the cookie of choice in my house. I like a soft and chewy middle while still being crisp around the edges.

So, Do I use butter? Or margarine? or shortening? A combination? I'm determined to find out!
Well yesterday I used the old stand by Toll House Cookie recipe and substituted half the butter for margarine. Now the flavor was pretty good (although not as good if I would have used all butter) but the consistency was off. I liked the chewy texture, but they were much to thin for my taste. I like a cookie I can sink my teeth into, with lots of chunks of chocolaty goodness and lots of beautiful texture. Well like i said earlier, these aren't them.

So I guess next I will try and use all butter and perhaps not cream the butter and sugar for quite so long ( I think I did these for about three minutes or more). And maybe I will try mixing in some oatmeal to give the cookie a bit more body. And then maybe I will be able to answer my next question: with nuts or without?


Oh, and I put M&m's in these as you can see because they are Abes favorite. A nice touch I have to admit!


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP