Chock Full Of Goodness

>> Monday, March 10, 2008

Its been a while since I have made cookies. It took me a bit to get over the cookie frenzy of 2007. But I did, and I'm glad to say I am back to baking, what I like to call, charming little bundles of goodness.
This recipe came from the Culinate web site. What I like about them is they are made without flour and they are packed with nutrients: Oatmeal, cranberries, walnuts, choc chips, peanut butter, all rolled into one. Makes me feel like I am giving the kids more than just a sweet treat, but a sweet treat with some added benefits to it. They are a deliciously chewy and very satisfying cookie. I adapted the recipe to suit our tastes, and you should do the same. I was thinking coconut might be a nice addition. And next time I would definitely add more nuts.



Full Of Goodness Oatmeal Cookies

3 eggs
1¾ cups packed light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1½ cups creamy peanut butter
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
2 tsp. baking soda
4½ cups rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a very large mixing bowl, cream the eggs and sugars together with an electric mixer. Add salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter.
Add chocolate chips, cranberries, toasted walnuts, baking soda, and oats. Stir until everything is combined.
With a tablespoon, scoop up cookie batter and drop onto cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.

4 comments:

Patricia Scarpin March 11, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

These cookies have everything I love in them!

Katia Mangham March 11, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

Sarah, I am glad you are baking again- I completely understand the burn-out. Looks like you came back with a winner though.

These cookies look amazingly good- Thank you for sharing your recipe. I will give them a try at the restaurant.

mad knitter March 15, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

Oooh, these cookies look so great, and so healthy too! Hmmm, sounds like we have to have a pot luck get-together soon, LOL!

mad knitter March 15, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

Oooh, these cookies look so great, and so healthy too! Hmmm, sounds like we have to have a pot luck get-together soon, LOL!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP