Oh Heavenly Potatoes...

>> Saturday, September 13, 2008


These potatoes are amazing! Caramelized and crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. They go amazingly with roasted chicken. You can try doubling the recipe so you can have left overs, but we have never been able do that because no matter how many I make we end up eating them all!

I got this recipe from my friend Tish who I believe got it from an issue of Fine Cooking Magazine.

Roasted Smashed Potatoes

1 1/2 - 2 lbs baby potatoes (skin on)

olive oil

kosher salt

freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook whole potatoes until fork tender. Drain potatoes and lay out to dry on a clean dish towel. Line a rimmed baking sheet (you might need more than one) with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Using a second clean dish towel press down on each potato to flatten to about 1/2'' and fan out a bit by pressing and twisting at the same time. Put potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet and drizzle with a good amount of olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast in oven for 30-45 minute, flipping potatoes over about halfway through (I usually wait for them to start to brown on one side and then I flip them over). You will know they are done when they are brown and crispy.

This recipe feeds one, or I mean two, actually it should feed four, but it never has in my household.

4 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs September 17, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

MMMMM, I know what you mean these are wonderful!!!! I have made them before but instead of putting them in the oven I put them in a hot skillet and basically fry them! It's faster!

~ingrid :-)

Anonymous September 19, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

These sound SO WONDERFUL~ Maybe I'll make them for Rudy for his Birthday! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous October 6, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

Sarah
I can't tell you how glad I am that I decided to visit your blog. Tisha told me about these potatoes over the summer and I forgot about them. This is just one more justification of why I need to keep you and Cyn closer in my life. Thank you for keeping her close in my heart.
Kiki

Anonymous December 3, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Hello Sarah, just dropped by to say hello and let you know that my family loved this when I tried making them last night. If you have time will you drop by at Foodista ? We are building an online food and cooking encyclopedia ala wikipedia and i hope you can build your profile there share your recipes with us as well. Thanks

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP