I Heart Shortbread

>> Tuesday, December 04, 2007


I looooove shortbread cookies. Maybe its the simplicity of them. Comprised of mostly butter and sugar, whats not to love right? And you can add any kind of flavoring you want to them. Nuts, chocolate, dried fruit, a bit of lemon zest, the possibilities are endless!

Well every year I make these Dried Cranberry Shortbread Cookies , from Ms. Martha, for our Christmas Open House and every year there is not one beautifully wrapped package left. Cut into little hearts, I think they make a delightful gift to give any time of the year.

I usually double the recipe and press it into a 9x13 inch pan. This makes for a slightly thicker cookie than what Martha calls for, which I happen to like. Also if you do it this way add a few minutes to the baking time! You can also just cut these into bars so you have less waste, but I think the hearts are so darn cute! I package them in little clear plastic pillows to sell and they look adorable.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP