Its nice to have friends who bake!

>> Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What a treat we had this weekend! Our good friend Anita brought over this amazing Chocolate Espresso Pecan Pie. It was scrumptious! You can find the recipe here, its from Fine Cooking magazine. It is kind of a cross between a really rich fudgy brownie and a pecan pie. What can be better than that? Well maybe a little vanilla ice cream to go with it!

It not only tastes good but it looks good too! The pecans around the perimeter are left whole and make an impressive design.

So if you want to try something different this Thanksgiving, I highly recommend it!

Nice job Anita, and to think it was your first pie crust, could have fooled me!

2 comments:

Katia Mangham November 20, 2007 at 10:09 PM  

The pie looks very yummy...I am in the process of baking 25 chocolate bourbon pecan pies right now for my Thanksgiving orders...just taking a little break while they're in the oven! Your new posts look great. :) Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sarah November 21, 2007 at 7:31 AM  

wow katia, twenty-five pies? And I thought I was busy just cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my family. Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope you get some rest!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP